- Local Expert with a Global Network -
Living in New Canaan for over 22 years and having been fortunate enough to raise a family here, I have experienced many benefits, including the village lifestyle, top-ranked schools, beautiful parks and recreation facilities, and our quintessential New England charm. There is a certain pride we all have in this special town that makes you naturally want to share the quality of life and value with everyone. For me, the perfect way to express my enthusiasm has been through real estate!
The real estate business gives me the opportunity to sit down with clients, both sellers and buyers, and listen to their needs and goals for the future while sharing with them how to set themselves apart in their next transaction. I help them use my personal experience and deep knowledge of the local market, combined with the global network of Berkshire Hathaway to successfully navigate the demands of today’s marketplace.
Let me help you get a winning plan of action started.
- Committed - Full-time professional who invests in the most up to date tools and resources to help with the sale, purchase or rental of a home.
- Market Knowledge - Local area expert, who lives in and has been an active participant in the community for over 22 years.
- Efficient - Maximizes time and money by qualifying customers, screening distractions and streamlining the transaction process.
- Result Oriented - Berkshire Hathaway Top Producer- recently closed $8.5 million worth of business over an 18 month period.
- Confidentiality - Exceptional customer service with utmost discretion.
- Resources - Access to Berkshire Hathaway’s Global Network Platform (GNP) as well as industry related professionals and service providers.
Prior to her real estate career, Laura graduated from Northeastern University in 1984 and began working in Data Processing and Software Services at Automatic Data Processing (ADP). After positions as a Systems Consultant and in Sales, she spent time raising her four children.
The Costigan family moved to New Canaan in 1992 and Laura continued working part-time through 2009 as a limited partner in two different financial software firms, K-Tek Ltd and the Private Trust Group. She has been very active in the community, and is currently serving on the Town Parks and Recreation Commission. She previously served as president of the West School PTC, president of the YMCA Parent’s Association, and was on the boards of the New Canaan High School Sports Council, the Service League of Boys (SLOBs) as well as the New Canaan Field Club.
A CCD teacher at St. Aloysius for 8 years, she also found time to work as a scheduling coordinator at Person-to-Person in Darien. She has also managed many sports teams over the years- including lacrosse, football and swimming. All 4 of her children attended New Canaan Public Schools. Three are now college graduates living and working in San Francisco, Boston, and New York City. The fourth is now a junior in college. Laura and her husband have personally bought and sold properties in CT, NJ, MA and VT and have managed several rentals.
New Canaan Board of Realtors
New Canaan Multiple Listing Service
Fairfield County Multiple Listing Service
Connecticut Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
Agent of the Month - July 2015
Top Producer - recently having closed 8.5 million in business in 18 month period
Benefits to Sellers
- Pricing of your property for maximum return based on comparable listings, local competition and current market conditions.
- Optimum exposure of your property through an individual comprehensive marketing plan including but not limited to: entry in MLS system(s) newspaper, internet display and promotion, Public and Realtor Open Houses, and direct mailings.
- Arrange and manage showings and all offers and negotiations
Benefits to Buyers
- Expert guidance in planning the optimal search for your property; including maximum flexibility and availability when scheduling and viewing properties.
- Access to all currently available properties as well as certain “sneak preview” properties before they come to market.
- Experienced negotiation for the best price and terms, followed by careful management of sale through financing, inspection, walk-thru and closing