The “White House” was built in 1955. The current owner’s stepfather, an engineer, purchased it in 1961, and customized it over the next 45 years, adding a period foyer, coat room and lower sitting room, as well as a laundry chute and a myriad of shelves and closets throughout. Custom built-ins allow storage in every room without the need for furniture taking up floor space, so entertaining 50 guests was easy and quite common. The original blueprints and subsequent renovation documents are saved in the house. Existing furniture is available for sale as well. The adjacent 3+ acre field, also for sale, was kept clear for its sweeping southeastern views, so the combined 4+ acres are now private and serene. The flagpole is just a ½ mile away, so walking into town for the Labor Day Parade, Halloween, shopping, restaurants, historical house tours and library hours is safe and easy, away from main roads and heavy traffic. Recent upgrades include central AC, Anderson casement windows, a full-house standby generator, a new roof, a new furnace, updated electrical panels, and a 110-foot split-rail fence with perennial garden. Renovations include the kitchen, both full baths and the driveway. The oil tank, washing machine, garage door and dishwasher are all brand new. All warranties are documented and transferable with this sale.